Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Moving More, Eating Well

If you've noticed that little box over there in the top right corner that says Move More Eat Well Jumpstart and wondered what that is all about, this is the blog post for you. That is a class I'm taking over at Big Picture Classes with the uber-talented and funny Cathy Zielske. This is a month long class designed to help get a healthier lifestyle started by moving more and eating well. Hopefully. This is not an easy process. It may, in fact, be one of the toughest things I've ever attempted to do. And believe me, I've attempted it A LOT. But unfortunately, it's never quite stuck past a week or two. To be honest, I eat like a teenager whose parents have left them home alone for the weekend. And in high school, it didn't really matter. But I'm not in high school anymore. Far, far from it. So it's time to stop eating that way. But eating healthy is a real struggle for me. I know it should seem like the easiest thing but for me, it's not. I can handle the exercise for the most part. I don't enjoy it yet, I don't crave it and have a crappy day if I don't do it. But I do like how I feel after I've done it. For about an hour. Then the fatigue sets in and I wonder why the hell I'm doing this to myself. Then I remember, to hopefully, one day, feel better.

So I'm jumpstarting myself with this class. And being as this class is taught by a scrapbooker, there is some documenting being done. A mini album to help make it all concrete with daily assignments to help stay the course. 


So where am I in this process? Well, I've been at this for 7 days now. And frankly, I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I didn't reach my goals I had set for myself. And I only lost a 1/2 lb. But I'm trying to look at this objectively, like I would for a friend. So I fell down a bit this week. It's okay. So I struggled this week. It's okay. The good news is, there's always next week. A new chance to get it right. 


This is my current form of exercise. I spend 21 minutes on this horrid thing. I hate it. It may be my least favorite form of exercise. If it vanished tomorrow and was replaces with a treadmill, I would rejoice. But it's here in my house and convenient. I don't have to go anywhere but downstairs to exercise. And nobody can see me, which is a good thing because I tend to close my eyes and sing along to my music.

So here's to a new week and a new chance to get it right. I'll see you next Wednesday and let you know how I did. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment